Part-time Partnerships Advisor – Professional Dev’t Initiatives
POST DATE: December 10th, 2018
DEADLINE: January 14th, 2019
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The successful candidate will contribute to the strategic planning and implementation of robust professional development programs and activities. The Partnership Advisor is a paid part-time role under the management of the Re!gnite Africa Team Leader. The Partnership Advisor will be mainly responsible for creating, engaging, and sustaining strategic partnerships in the private and public sectors to grow a competent and productive generation of young people. The Partnership Advisor will help create an environment of trust and collaboration so that these institutions and stakeholders see the Re!gnite Africa as their own.
- Support in developing a partnership strategy for professional development initiatives in collaboration with the Team Leader
- Work towards expanding and solidifying Re!gnite Africa partnership efforts especially in regards to the professional development arm of our work
- Coordinate activities involved with and assists the Team Leader in coordinating activities of governmental organizations, private sector business interests, non-profit and educational institutions.
- Evaluate availability of Partnership commitments and maintain an up-to-date record of available in-kind resources for the various partners
- Give periodic briefings / status updates, reports and communication packages to partners
- Assist the Team Leader and Programs Advisor with public outreach, press releases, and public presentations of the work.
- Communicate different programs ‘and activities’ purposes, values, and importance to the partnership and potential members in forums as needed.
- Oversee in-kind commitments budget to maximize its usefulness in the planning process
- Network with local, regional, state and national agencies; educational institutions; non-profit organizations; and private sector business interests for future program development in coordination with Partnership members
KEY QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Six or more years of experience in this or a similar role at the national level with tangible results to share at the interview stage.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study. A Master’s degree will be a plus
- Human resource training or qualifications will be a plus
- Strong links and networks to youth organizations and other entities working and supporting young people
- Very strong communication skills that include writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is January 14th, 2019
Internship Opportunities (applications are reviewed on a rolling basis)
- Policy Advocacy Intern
The Policy Advocacy Intern will work closely with the Programs Advisor and Team Leader to design better youth advocacy and social accountability programs and activities.
Key Qualifications and Qualities
- A Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Great networking and presentation skills
- Experience working in policy or advocacy-related activities is an asset
- Willingness to work remotely and travel upcountry unsupervised
Qualified candidates should be send their CVs to email@example.com for consideration.