Youth Voices Program
Through the Youth Voices program, Re!gnite is dedicated to fostering the growth of young people to become responsible citizens that demand accountability about policies made for their communities. This program trains all participants to become community advocates by equipping them with policy advocacy skills they can use to demand for better policies, services and programs for their communities.
The process starts from self-awareness and how young people can tap into their passion and potential, followed by practical steps on how to identify key advocacy issues/problems in the community, how to develop an advocacy action plan and how to build necessary coalitions to champion your cause. Youth are trained to be advocates for better policies on youth employment, youth-friendly health care service delivery, growth and development of entrepreneurship, science and technology and environmental conservation to preserve a more sustainable future.
The Youth Voices advocacy engages participants’ in policy advocacy awareness creation workshops, debates and speaking opportunities to strengthen their capacity and seeks opportunities for them to speak out about them.
Read blogs from our #YouthVoicesUg online campaign:
- Hear the Cry of a Ugandan Mother
- Train Moyo Youth to Become Reproductive Health and Rights advocates
- Claiming The Space: The Irony of Youth Deficiency in Decision-Making Processes
- What Are You Doing Towards the Fight Against Cancer?
- How We Can Reduce Unemployment to Zero
- Ending Alcoholism Among Ugandan Youth
- Understanding Grey Water Treatment and Management in Urban Slums of Uganda
- Uganda Losing Billions to Poor Sanitation
- How to Work Together Across Generations
- My Fight Against Cancer